Track 1. Technologies for Open Learning and Education (i-OPENLearn@ICALT2017)
Track Program Chairs
Track description and topics of interest
Open education and learning is a key issue for all levels of the education system and combines the traditions of knowledge sharing and creation with 21st century technologies. Currently, Open Access, Open Educational Resources and Massive Open Online Courses are not any more only initiatives, they are turning into mainstream policies and practices. Key research challenges for open learning and education involves the open access to practices, tools, services and new technologies in a more effective, collaborative and interchangeable manner.
The main objective of i-OPENLearn@ICALT 2017 Track is to unite researchers, practioners and policy makers to share their research results and to debate about the future direction of Technologies for Open Learning and Education.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Open Educational Resources and Practices
- Massive Open Online Courses
- Technologies, Services and Architectures for Open Access to Education and Learning
- Open Learning Methodologies, Practices and Platforms
- Open Linked Data for Education and Learning
- Assessment and Accreditation in MOOCs and other openness initiatives
- MOOCs and Big Data
- Open Flipped Classrooms: Pedagogical Design, Policies, Practices
- Interaction Design in Open Education and Learning
- Strategies and Policies for Open Access in Education and Training
- Cultural issues and social innovation related to openness in education and learning
Track Program Committee
Mark Brown, Dublin City University, Ireland
Jon Dron, Athabasca University, Canada
Carlo Giovannella, Universita’ di Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Gabriela Grosseck, West University of Timisoara, Romania
Mark Frydenberg, Bentley University, USA
Andri Ioannou, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
Michael Kopp, University of Graz, Austria
Sandra Kucina, Zagreb University, Croatia
Alvin Kwan, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, PRC
Bogdan Orza, Technical University of Cluj Napoca, Romania
Andrew Lui, Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, PRC
Nic. Nistor, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
Wim Van Petegem University of Leuven, Belgium
Sandra Schön, Salzburg Research Center, Austria
Christian M. Stracke, Open University of the Netherlands, Netherlands
Na Sun, Penn State Universisty. USA
Airina Volungeviciene, Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
Saijing Zheng, Microsoft Research
Important Dates about ICALT 2017 can be found here.
The ICALT 2017 Author Guidelines can be found here.
The ICALT 2017 CfP can be found here.