The ICALT 2017 Organizing Committee, together with all the Conference Chairs have decided to extend the submission deadline for ICALT 2017. Papers can be submitted and/or modified until the 3rd of February 2017.
A new wave of technologies is disrupting innovation in the education sector now more than ever before. Phenomena and technologies such as learning analytics, cloud computing, maker spaces, 3-D printing, wearable technologies, cognitive profiling and augmented reality are just a few examples that have seen early adopters bringing new hope and optimism to the debate about the usefulness and relevance of new technologies and learning support. At the same time, new standards are also emerging with the intention of bringing these innovations to a level where they are widely accepted and sustainable. Such rapid growth of the field is not without mixed blessings, as it changes the ways that people access, design, deploy and support learning, posing challenges for educational organisations, researchers, practitioners and policy makers, especially with regard to the development of advanced technologies that accommodate the needs of a new generation of learners and a changing social environment. The choice of appropriate technologies and their application in emerging learning contexts are huge challenges for 21st century learning technologists.
ICALT is an annual international conference on Advanced Learning Technologies and Technology-enhanced Learning organized by the IEEE Computer Society and the IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technology. After its kick-off as IWALT in Palmerston North, New Zealand (2000), ICALT has been held in Madison, USA (2001), Kazan, Russia (2002), Athens, Greece (2003), Joensuu, Finland (2004), Kaohsiung, Taiwan (2005), Kerkade, The Netherlands (2006), Niigata, Japan (2007), Santander, Spain (2008), Riga, Latvia (2009), Sousse, Tunisia (2010), Athens, Georgia, USA (2011), Rome, Italy (2012), Beijing, China (2013), Athens, Greece (2014), Hualien, Taiwan (2015) and Austin, Texas, USA (2016).
The 17th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT2017) will be hosted by Politehnica University of Timișoara, Romania. ICALT2017 is built around the following tracks that target the key areas of research in Learning Technologies, namely:
- Track 1. Technologies for Open Learning and Education (i-OPENLearn@ICALT2017)
- Track 2. Adaptive and Personalised Technology-Enhanced Learning (APTeL@ICALT2017)
- Track 3. Wireless, Mobile, Pervasive and Ubiquitous Technologies for Learning (WMUTE@ICALT2017)
- Track 4. Digital Game and Intelligent Toy Enhanced Learning (DIGITEL@ICALT2017)
- Track 5. Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL@ICALT2017)
- Track 6. Technology-enhanced Assessment in Formal and Informal Education (TeASSESS@ICALT2017)
- Track 7. Big Data in Education and Learning Analytics (BDELA@ICALT2017)
- Track 8. Technology-Enhanced Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Education (TeSTEM@ICALT2017)
- Track 9. Technology Enhanced Language Learning (TELL@ICALT2017)
- Track 10. Motivational and Affective Aspects in Technology-enhanced Learning (MA-TEL@ICALT2017)
- Track 11. Technology Enabled Learning of Thinking Skills (TELoTS@ICALT2017)
- Track 12. Recommender and Decision Support Systems for Learning (ReSyL@ICALT2017)
- Track 13. Technology Supported Education for People with Disabilities (TeDISABLE@ICALT2017)
- Track 14. Artificial Intelligence and Smart Learning Environments (AISLE@ICALT2017)
- Track 15. Augmented Reality and Virtual Worlds in Education and Training (VWET@ICALT2017)
- Track 16. Maker Spaces and 3-D Printing Based Innovations in Learning (Make&3DPrint@ICALT2017)
- Track 17. Applications of Semantic Web technologies for Learning (SW-EL@ICALT2017)
- Track 18. Affective Computing in Learning (AffectLearn@ICALT2017)
We invite submission of papers reporting original academic or industrial research in the area of on Advanced Learning Technologies and Technology-enhanced Learning. All papers will be double-blindly peer-reviewed. Complete papers are required to be reviewed. The expected types of submissions include:
The anticipated types of submissions for all tracks are:
- Full paper: 5 pages
- Short paper: 3 pages
- Posters: 2 pages
Please submit your manuscript using the EasyChair Conference System at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icalt2017
If you have any problems with the above web submission form, you can contact ICALT 2017 Office at: email@example.com (Subject: ICALT2017 Submission Enquiry) and the Chairs will contact you for further assistance.